Thursday, April 23, 2009

... What A Week ...

Well it has just been one of those weeks. There hasn't been a dull moment yet and I am glad this week is almost over!!

First off... Lance got a letter from Cal Poly Pomona telling him he is put on a waiting list and to turn in a portfolio of all his work! Way exciting...the kicker...they gave him a week to do so. Luckily he has been playing around with some buildings ahead of time so we were lucky in that sense cause he was prepared for this. We have spent probably 2-3 hours together this week, he hasn't slept much or ate much, and our future literally lies all on this and thats pretty spookie ookie.

Then my sister and her kids are in town which is SOOO much fun so we decided to take them to the beach!! For some reason this week decided to be extremely hot and I never put on suntan lotion and we were only going to be there for 2 hours anyways but I decided I should put some on. Shocker shocker there is no protecting my white skin so I got fried on my neck, shoulders, and feet. I don't know how other people are with sunburns but it just messes me up. I can't sleep. I can't relax. I can't be normal. Bad week for the first summer burn.

And then what is a bad week without a little car trouble? First my car has been freaking out and the engine light will come on then turn off and then make funny noises so thats always good news. Then with Lance's crazy hours of working, schooling, doing his portfolio, and trying to find time to eat and sleep he doesn't have much time to fall behind or miss literally a minute of his days especially when he has to put in X amount of hours at work so it really didn't help when he put in a late night of portfolio stuff and had to wake up early and get to work and find he has a flat tire. Another nice bill to add to the pile =)

That is the week of the Higgins'. Luckily these are just day to day everyday life problems and complaints that will clear away sooner or later and for that we are extremely grateful. Sometimes pregnancy emotions get the best of you and it feels like you just can't gain control of what direction you are going.

4 comments:

  1. I just got back from shopping for baby Roxy and I'm very excited for the shower!!! Can't wait to see you and your little sunburned self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a crazy week! Good luck on all the things in progress. I've heard skin burn even worse during pregnancy - I wouldn't be surprised (doesn't every other part of your body wig out?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, this reminds me of when we were younger and would get SO SUNBURNED!! And we would find comfort in each other's sunburns. We would help each other put aloe on our backs and sit in front of the fan. We would sit there both feeling so sorry, but weirdly proud, of ourselves for how burned we were. We would peel our backs and see who could peel the longest piece of skin off of our backs. I think we can refer to ourselves as the skin cancer friends, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog Pee. It's so cute and you're so creative!

    ReplyDelete